"By a Waterfall," from Footlight Parade, 1933. The film stars James Cagney, who plays a character easily seen to be Busby Berkeley himself. This second of three hugely staged music/dance numbers is the apotheosis of the film and surely one of the most sensational Busby Berkeley numbers ever. Please see the representation of the newly emerging zipper shown at 4:00.
Popular Posts
-
From the Spokesman-Review newspaper, September 28, 2004: Of Helen South Alexander's many gifts to Spokane, the swans of Manito Park are ...
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
-
This is too easy! It is actually a bit hard to find 80s fashion photos without strong jewelry! Large earrings and brooches, clusters of pin...
-
Before I write any more let me say don't you dare think I know tons about fabrics! I feel like a student with a huge amount of studyin...
-
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all ...
-
Usually in December I highlight a cause that I want to support by selling a certain percentage of my listings for that cause. Right now, I c...
-
My latest theme— Wild Thing —is up! My last name is Wilds, so I’ve always been a bit of a Wild thing, how about you? ...and speaking of the ...
-
Please visit my August theme, I hear the mermaids singing , and you'll see just who those mysterious sirens are! Throughout the month of...
-
This animation was done last year by and for the Clarion Brass here in Spokane. Honestly, I neither ski nor skate while playing the horn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment