Everyone seems to have year-end round ups of The Best of 2007, and so why not yours truly?
This is an assortment of my favorite items sold this past year, not all my faves I'm sure, but more than I intended to trot out! If you love something you see, and regret having missed a chance to make it your own, never fear, there is always more wonderful vintage for 2008!
Starting with the earliest:
Extraordinary 1920s silk
1930s flowery organdy
Late 30s lounge dress
40s suits...my perennial favorite outfits of all
40s prints to LIVE for!
I was crazy, too, for some 40s accessories, including a flop-over faille hat with glass ball hat pin
Ruched leather platforms
Necklace with glass lilies
A couple of favorite 40s dresses
Party! From the late 40s through 80s:
Suzy Perette
Mr. Blackwell
Victor Costa
For design and construction:
Howard Greer
Bonnie Cashin
Monastic-style by Junior Sophisticates
Deep rainbow stripes
Alfred Shaheen
Impeccably tailored silk suit from Paris
For the vintage goddess-type, a touch of midas
Perfectly fitted black sheath and polka dot-lined bolero
And just a touch of the wild:
Black vinyl motorcyle jacket
Classic pillbox in faux leopard
Very pimp-chic 70s coat in faux furs
Renewed hope and peace to all for 2008!
Popular Posts
-
From the Spokesman-Review newspaper, September 28, 2004: Of Helen South Alexander's many gifts to Spokane, the swans of Manito Park are ...
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
-
This is too easy! It is actually a bit hard to find 80s fashion photos without strong jewelry! Large earrings and brooches, clusters of pin...
-
Before I write any more let me say don't you dare think I know tons about fabrics! I feel like a student with a huge amount of studyin...
-
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all ...
-
Usually in December I highlight a cause that I want to support by selling a certain percentage of my listings for that cause. Right now, I c...
-
My latest theme— Wild Thing —is up! My last name is Wilds, so I’ve always been a bit of a Wild thing, how about you? ...and speaking of the ...
-
Please visit my August theme, I hear the mermaids singing , and you'll see just who those mysterious sirens are! Throughout the month of...
-
This animation was done last year by and for the Clarion Brass here in Spokane. Honestly, I neither ski nor skate while playing the horn!
My Best Vintage for 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment