Today I prepared to sell a dress and couldn't do it, and here's why.
1. You never forget your first time. Whenever you started caring about clothes is likely to be stuck in your heart. For me this is about 1974. This was a time in which many were deeply involved with bringing back vintage styles. Particularly absorbing was clothing of the 30s and 40s. Elements of style from those decades made their way into 70s fashion.
2. I am queer about green. Every time I try to sell a green hat I end up not being able to, with a huge lump in my throat at even the thought. My favorite color is pink, but green tugs at my ankle like a favorite dog.
3. Polka dots. Clowns, happiness, love, silliness, order, sunshine.
Here's the dress, now hanging in my closet:
Popular Posts
-
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all ...
-
(This is the twelfth in my series of posts on 80s fashion trends and the impact they are having on current fashion. If you'd like to rea...
-
From the Spokesman-Review newspaper, September 28, 2004: Of Helen South Alexander's many gifts to Spokane, the swans of Manito Park are ...
-
...and an excuse for some inspiring Etsy finds by way of my latest Treasury : August 18 is the 90th anniversary of the 19th Amendment to the...
-
This is too easy! It is actually a bit hard to find 80s fashion photos without strong jewelry! Large earrings and brooches, clusters of pin...
-
I admit, every so often I get to feeling sorry for myself. I don't have enough money to cover my needs, or I miss some people who are no...
-
Do you Twitter? Good heavens, I can't believe I'm asking this, but if you are on Twitter and would like to share brief utterances wi...
-
Please have a look at the new feature I created for the Vintage Fashion Guild! Many thanks for help choosing trends from Anna Newman of Ann...
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
What vintage I can’t bring myself to sell
I am asked now and then something like "how can you sell that when it looks like it fits and suits you?" As everyone knows who sells something they love, there is a lot of passing up in order to keep up the business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment