Popular Posts

Thanks Stetson, I love my new hat!!


Recently I entered this photo in Stetson's "Dressed to the Nines" contest on Facebook. My Stetson dates from the late 1930s, and the style name is marked "Parade." The hat is of the best quality, and remarkably has made it all this time in great condition and with its original box. The hat is for sale in my web store, but if it's there much longer, I may not be able to part with it!

To get on with the story, I won! I was the "vintage and city-inspired" winner, and the prize was a Stetson hat, "The Latte," part of their Casual and Dress Straw Milans collection. Stetson, known now especially for its cowboy hats, has a storied history of fashionable and fine hat making, and my new hat is part of that long tradition.

Working with vintage clothing, I'm constantly thinking of the quality and design of vintage American-made clothes and accessories—mostly a thing of the past now. Happily, Stetsons are still made in the United States, they are of first-rate quality (I can vouch), and the range of styles is truly impressive. Now I'm scheming to add more new Stetsons to my closet...like this, this, or maybe even this!

My new hat with one of my early 40s dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment