Popular Posts

Shop to help Grizzly Bears and Conservation Northwest


Each year in December I try to devote a portion of my sales to a charity that I feel strongly about. This year, I've chosen Conservation Northwest, a group which "protects and connects old-growth forests and other wild areas from the Washington Coast to the British Columbia Rockies, vital to a healthy future for us, our children, and wildlife."

Among the priorities of this group is the recovery of the grizzly bear in the North Cascades. "As the regional leader in grizzly bear recovery, Conservation Northwest volunteers and staff educate and advocate for grizzly bear conservation to protect this beautiful animal, conduct field work in the North Cascades, and help build citizen support for the Endangered Species Act."

Those who know me very well will understand this choice of non-profits to support. I'm an animal lover, and from my earliest memory I have loved bears most of all.

Some of the items you can buy from my eBay store with proceeds going to Conservation Northwest include a number of vintage aprons, vintage Monet jewelry, a wool knit skirt suit that looks like it has one foot on the ski slope and a classic White Stag sports jacket. There will be more until Christmas.

Thank you so much for helping me help this great organization!






No comments:

Post a Comment