Hugely favorite of mine as a teenager, ca. 1975, was a knit shirt with an interesting print of a flapper woman in various settings. Recently I came across several items from the same period, all with the same nostalgic bent.
Probably critical in this 1910s to 1920s nostalgia was the film of The Great Gatsby, starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow, which came out in 1974. The early to mid 1970s were all about exploring past fashions, sometimes literally (wearing vintage clothing), sometimes fairly literally (wearing new clothing with many features taken from vintage clothing), and sometimes imaginatively (like these disco shirts with vintage images). These shirts, two for the girls and one for the guys, are in my eBay store right now.
Popular Posts
-
From the Spokesman-Review newspaper, September 28, 2004: Of Helen South Alexander's many gifts to Spokane, the swans of Manito Park are ...
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
-
This is too easy! It is actually a bit hard to find 80s fashion photos without strong jewelry! Large earrings and brooches, clusters of pin...
-
Before I write any more let me say don't you dare think I know tons about fabrics! I feel like a student with a huge amount of studyin...
-
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all ...
-
(This is the twelfth in my series of posts on 80s fashion trends and the impact they are having on current fashion. If you'd like to rea...
-
Usually in December I highlight a cause that I want to support by selling a certain percentage of my listings for that cause. Right now, I c...
-
I've stocked up on great vintage clothing in shades of red, and am going to be listing these for sale all November. Look for burgundy ve...
-
Théâtre doll in coat by Molyneux (photo, denisebrain) The couturier Lucien Lelong, President of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture 1937-45,...
-
Hulton Archive/Getty Images Marian Anderson performs at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on Easter Sunday, 1939. "Seventy years ago, a...
Nostalgia, 70s style
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment