I have been reading fashion mags since I was about 14, and never before have I seen such high prices for new fashion items shown in magazines. Congratulations if you have the reserves to put into a pair of shoes that will last you a year, style-wise, and cost you a cool $300-$500. All power to you, but please pause to think.
If an item was created by expert and well-paid craftspeople, then the item is likely worth the cost. I encourage those who can to pay the full price for high quality clothing, made by well-paid workers creating beautiful fashions...yes! However, if you can, stand up to the high prices for ordinary clothing by searching for extraordinary vintage. Never before in the last 30 years has vintage represented a greater quality-for-the-price ratio. Walmart does not have real clothing, and Target has clothing nicely designed for hangers. Those low prices reflect items of no more value than Kleenex. Actually less, as these items will not serve their purpose for what has been considered a normal lifespan.
Clothing should not be as disposable as Kleenex!
Popular Posts
-
From the Spokesman-Review newspaper, September 28, 2004: Of Helen South Alexander's many gifts to Spokane, the swans of Manito Park are ...
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
-
This is too easy! It is actually a bit hard to find 80s fashion photos without strong jewelry! Large earrings and brooches, clusters of pin...
-
Before I write any more let me say don't you dare think I know tons about fabrics! I feel like a student with a huge amount of studyin...
-
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all ...
-
Usually in December I highlight a cause that I want to support by selling a certain percentage of my listings for that cause. Right now, I c...
-
My latest theme— Wild Thing —is up! My last name is Wilds, so I’ve always been a bit of a Wild thing, how about you? ...and speaking of the ...
-
Please visit my August theme, I hear the mermaids singing , and you'll see just who those mysterious sirens are! Throughout the month of...
-
...are at :26! I can't wait to go see all the shoes at MOV. (Reference post: My shoes are museum pieces! )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment