Popular Posts

My best vintage 2011

As always, I am rounding up my favorite vintage listed in the past year, and here they are. A small group of these are still for sale, but even if your favorites are sold, please remember that there is more to come...as a matter of fact I believe the best is yet to come! 

{click on the images for a larger view}

I was very pleased to find Lilli Ann labels in vintage clothing, 40s-60s


I love vintage party dresses in black


...and in color



When Elizabeth Taylor died in March, I focused on clothing to compliment her beautiful violet eyes


In April I had the great pleasure of meeting Alfred Shaheen's daughter, Camille Shaheen-Tunberg and her husband the artist and sculptor Bill Tunberg, the occasion being a Shaheen exhibit at Washington State University


I'm always ecstatic to find a Shaheen (below left), and there is a wonderful world of vintage Hawaiiana beyond


In April the Royal Wedding made me excited about vintage wedding possibilities



I'm always giddy about vintage polka dots from all eras



I'm also crazy about vintage hats with great character






Then there are the bags of character



In June and July I explored late 30s clothing in my blog, and I was fortunate to find a number of 30s items to sell





I am a perpetual fan of great suits, whether with fine labels (Don Loper, Irene, Kimberly)


...or unlabeled but with distinctive style


If you know me, you know that I appreciate a conversation-starting print



I continue to love the photos from my buyers of themselves in their purchases (let me know if you have one, and I will add your photo to my gallery on Facebook!)



I've always got something chic and black for your vintage cocktail hour



And outerwear? I've got you covered!


In March this 40s cherry tree-print dress helped raise money for Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund - a GlobalGiving Project, the Art Deco bracelet for Save the Manatee Club in June


In August, this beaded Don Loper jacket helped raise funds for World Food Program USA for famine relief in the horn of Africa; the hand-embroidered Mexican skirt is part of my effort to help Conservation Northwest this month. 



All in all, I've been able to donate over $1500 this year. Without a doubt, if it weren't for my faithful buyers, I wouldn't be able to do what I do.


Thank you and blessings to you all. I look forward to seeing you in 2012!



P.S. Ten of these items are still for sale...please check my stores at denisebrain.com



No comments:

Post a Comment