Popular Posts

Shop for good, vintage style

Usually in December I highlight a cause that I want to support by selling a certain percentage of my listings for that cause. Right now, I can't go so far as to take a month to do this as My Own Cause is a little needy too. But then this weekend I heard that food banks are in dire straits right now, and I know there isn't much to give for many of us, businesses and individuals alike. Many causes are hurting. Maybe if we all threw in a little, it would make a real impact.

I'll start: I have an early 50s silk dress on eBay, with an opening bid of $19.00, and 25% of the end price will go to Feeding America, which is a reliably top-notch charity. Their mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks. Each year, the Feeding America network provides food assistance to more than 25 million low-income people facing hunger in the United States, including more than 9 million children and nearly 3 million seniors.

See the dress here.

A seller that has turned to selling for her local animal rescue organization is Fuzzy Lizzie. Lizzie is among the all-time greats of online vintage sellers, I can absolutely vouch for her integrity and knowledge. Even better, 100% of the proceeds from her Etsy store will benefit her local animal rescue organization, sargeandfriends. A few of her extremely well-priced and cute vintage items:


Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
dbfinds.etsy.com


Checking over on eBay, I discovered a great vintage eyeglass vendor michael10730 with several listings benefiting Dogs Deserve Better. Who wouldn't want these 1950s aluminum frames, (starting bid $15.50, and shipping is free) especially if a wagging tail goes with them?



Some of us can help by selling, some of us can help by buying, but I figure it takes a lot of people doing a little to make up for the shortfall from which virtually every cause is suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment