Popular Posts

Happy Birthday Marilyn

“No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.

“The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.”

“It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone - so far.”

“To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation.”

“It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone.”

“Dogs never bite me. Just humans.”

“Men are so willing to respect anything that bores them.”

“I want to grow old without facelifts... I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I've made. Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know you.”

“I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.”

“I've never dropped anyone I believed in.”

“I restore myself when I'm alone.”

“I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.”


No comments:

Post a Comment