Popular Posts

My pick of the 80s

I want to show you some images that I clipped as favorites in the 1980s, almost all from Elle Magazine, which had its heyday in the 80s. The black and white images are from the inspiring book Vogue Modern Style - How to Achieve It by Charlotte Du Cann, 1988.

I sorted my clippings into these topics, to be covered slowly but surely:

Athleticism
Business
The Emergence of Gaultier
Humor
Japanese style
Male
Non-traditional beauty
Opulence
Outgoing jewelry
Pattern/Color
Uniform
Vintage inspirations
Watches

ATHLETICISM was the look of well-exercised models, exuding health and fitness, even power. There was a huge uptick in stretch fabric development and use, lending an athletic fit to so many garments. Athletic looks were mixed with traditional clothing in eclectic combinations. Sporty stripes were everywhere, as were leggings and stretch pants.





No comments:

Post a Comment