Every now and then I crusade to save a particular style of vintage clothing or accessory that seems endangered. Right now I am crusading for the long (aka maxi) dress. Long dresses keep finding a place in fashion, sometimes for eveningwear as smoldering as the temperature here in the Northwest, sometimes for the sweetest, coolest or most artistic day dresses. Far too often these are getting cut off instead of enjoyed for their obvious charms. Here's a sampling of those I've sold:
1930s
1940s
1950s
1960s
and of course, the 1970s, especially by Gunne Sax and Young Edwardian
Finally, a real 50s look from Victor Costa in the 80s
Popular Posts
-
From the Spokesman-Review newspaper, September 28, 2004: Of Helen South Alexander's many gifts to Spokane, the swans of Manito Park are ...
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
-
This is too easy! It is actually a bit hard to find 80s fashion photos without strong jewelry! Large earrings and brooches, clusters of pin...
-
Before I write any more let me say don't you dare think I know tons about fabrics! I feel like a student with a huge amount of studyin...
-
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all ...
-
(This is the twelfth in my series of posts on 80s fashion trends and the impact they are having on current fashion. If you'd like to rea...
-
Usually in December I highlight a cause that I want to support by selling a certain percentage of my listings for that cause. Right now, I c...
-
I've stocked up on great vintage clothing in shades of red, and am going to be listing these for sale all November. Look for burgundy ve...
-
Théâtre doll in coat by Molyneux (photo, denisebrain) The couturier Lucien Lelong, President of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture 1937-45,...
-
Hulton Archive/Getty Images Marian Anderson performs at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on Easter Sunday, 1939. "Seventy years ago, a...
Save the maxi dress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment