Which brings me to myself. The fact is that I find it so very hard to move on to the next thing always. I still keep books mostly by pen on paper, and when I do creative writing it is always by hand. I work online, and know how to type, and I'm very glad for those little steps I've taken.
Recently I was exposed to the concept of Google AdWords, and I read of people striving to create the perfect verbiage to be picked up on Google, to be almighty found in the vast sea of information and commerce.
Today, as a Homo sapien that probably has a drop of Neanderthal blood, I want to laud those who have not achieved among the first pages of Google in vintage clothing. As a matter of fact, I'm looking at page 75 in the search "vintage clothing," and on it are some fine things! I have purchased an item from Frock of Ages and I can say that whenever I check back, there is something sensational on sale. Look at the little black dresses by Suzy Perette, for instance.
On page 75 I see a piece about Xtabay, a wonderful shop I've visited in Portland. Not only is it a great shop with an interesting name, but the owner is a smart and sensitive person who has an amazing eye for what works on people.
Then there's Marian's Vintage Vanities Clothing, and who wouldn't want this 50s halter dress for $35?
I don't really know my point...maybe just that holding still doesn't necessarily mean one is worthless. For my sake, I hope not.
Popular Posts
-
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all ...
-
(This is the twelfth in my series of posts on 80s fashion trends and the impact they are having on current fashion. If you'd like to rea...
-
Do you Twitter? Good heavens, I can't believe I'm asking this, but if you are on Twitter and would like to share brief utterances wi...
-
...and an excuse for some inspiring Etsy finds by way of my latest Treasury : August 18 is the 90th anniversary of the 19th Amendment to the...
-
I admit, every so often I get to feeling sorry for myself. I don't have enough money to cover my needs, or I miss some people who are no...
-
Please have a look at the new feature I created for the Vintage Fashion Guild! Many thanks for help choosing trends from Anna Newman of Ann...
-
I just finished putting together the Vintage Fashion Guild's Fall Vintage Inspirations Seen here! I am very thankful for help deciding o...
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
-
If you didn't already see it, my latest theme features a Jerome Kern song and Fred Astaire singing. I love the song, love Fred singing ...
Vintage clothing on Google, page 75
Recently I ran across something about Neanderthals: Some scientists now believe that they died out and were replaced by Homo sapiens largely because they were not as adaptive. Apparently, they used similar tools for tens of thousands of years without significant changes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment