This was written by my niece, Flora Wilds, who is in 8th grade. Love this girl, and love the way she thinks!
Attack of the Shoes
Click-clack, click-clack
Can you hear them talking?
Click-clack, click-clack
All the shoes are walking
Sitting in a cardboard box
In the stores all day
Waiting for some lucky buyer
To purchase and take them away
Stilettos, pumps, boots, and flats
Each have different personalities
Dressy, sporty, new, and old
Living in their own realities
Designer, vintage, men's, and women's
Plain, bold, and polka-dotted
Sitting lonely on a shelf
Anticipating being spotted
But when they are purchased and taken home
Off the shelf to be free
Worn by their owners (a shoes greatest joy)
So they, too, can click-clack happily
Some shoes smile, some frown, some have a pointy nose
Some like to show five white teeth (or toes)
Some shoes are short, others are tall
And to each other they endlessly call
In voices big and small:
"Hey! Look at me!
I'm the most beautiful shoe!
I'm shiny, I'm red, and I'm new!
I click and I clack
And I'm on the attack!
For I am the prettiest shoe!
Shoes can be vengeful and ever so tight
Yet some can be comfortable and free
But no matter what, they love to be worn
By you, and by her, and by me
So be kind to your shoes and wear them alot
Because they have feelings, too
Keep your feet clean (and don't ever smell)
Because they're the ones carrying you!
Popular Posts
-
From the Spokesman-Review newspaper, September 28, 2004: Of Helen South Alexander's many gifts to Spokane, the swans of Manito Park are ...
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
-
This is too easy! It is actually a bit hard to find 80s fashion photos without strong jewelry! Large earrings and brooches, clusters of pin...
-
Before I write any more let me say don't you dare think I know tons about fabrics! I feel like a student with a huge amount of studyin...
-
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all ...
-
Usually in December I highlight a cause that I want to support by selling a certain percentage of my listings for that cause. Right now, I c...
-
My latest theme— Wild Thing —is up! My last name is Wilds, so I’ve always been a bit of a Wild thing, how about you? ...and speaking of the ...
-
Please visit my August theme, I hear the mermaids singing , and you'll see just who those mysterious sirens are! Throughout the month of...
-
This animation was done last year by and for the Clarion Brass here in Spokane. Honestly, I neither ski nor skate while playing the horn!
This girl *gets* shoes...is it in her genes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment