This month at denisebrain, the garden party never ends, with plenty of blooming prints and sun-loving styles!
This is a tribute to a wonderful older woman that I met years ago when I answered an ad advertising a 200-item vintage clothing collection for sale. Joann lives far away now, and is in failing health. I know she looks at things online with the help of her daughter, and I think--actually I know--it will please her to see her favorite sort of flowery and feminine clothing shown in her honor.
Popular Posts
-
From the Spokesman-Review newspaper, September 28, 2004: Of Helen South Alexander's many gifts to Spokane, the swans of Manito Park are ...
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
-
This is too easy! It is actually a bit hard to find 80s fashion photos without strong jewelry! Large earrings and brooches, clusters of pin...
-
Before I write any more let me say don't you dare think I know tons about fabrics! I feel like a student with a huge amount of studyin...
-
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all ...
-
(This is the twelfth in my series of posts on 80s fashion trends and the impact they are having on current fashion. If you'd like to rea...
-
Usually in December I highlight a cause that I want to support by selling a certain percentage of my listings for that cause. Right now, I c...
-
I've stocked up on great vintage clothing in shades of red, and am going to be listing these for sale all November. Look for burgundy ve...
-
Théâtre doll in coat by Molyneux (photo, denisebrain) The couturier Lucien Lelong, President of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture 1937-45,...
-
Hulton Archive/Getty Images Marian Anderson performs at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on Easter Sunday, 1939. "Seventy years ago, a...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment