Popular Posts

Continuing help for Japan

Thank you for all who have bid and bought my eBay auctions this past week, with proceeds going to help Japan. All my eBay listings this week again will benefit Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund - a GlobalGiving Project.

Some choices:





Ending tomorrow is the auction for this 50s atomic fruit print skirt...one the best prints I've seen!

There are so many eBay sellers contributing a portion of their sales to Japan disaster relief that it's hard to decide where to begin. You could start by seeing the listings for GlobalGiving, and explore from there.

On a more personal note, I have read some comments on Twitter and Facebook about how Japan isn't asking for help, and/or doesn't need help.

I toured Japan with a music group in the mid 90s, and we were treated with incredible generosity and kindness. I was given armloads of flowers, and served meals more extravagant than an average Japanese person might ever be served in his lifetime. I was moved and humbled by my experience in Japan–by the people, the culture, the natural beauty and the history.

My heart has been aching at the news coverage following the earthquake, tsunami and unfolding nuclear disaster in Japan, and if there is any generosity I can show the people of Japan, I will show it, whatever skeptics might say.

Photos from my trip to Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment