Popular Posts

John Lennon and I

John Lennon would have been 70 today.

When I was young, John was never far from my thoughts and aspirations. I wanted to be more like him: Funny, purposeful, searching, talented.


The interesting thing is he still means so much to me. I see him as a true artist, one who could touch millions of people without pandering. I see him as a true human being, one who used his own frailties to reach others. He cared about the world. Imagine is his anthem to the world.

A page from my high school notebook




When John died, Yoko's message included their young son Sean's words: "Now daddy is part of God. I guess when you die you become much more bigger because you're part of everything."









Arguably the last song John wrote was Grow Old Along With Me:



I wish John could grow old along with Yoko. I wish John and all of us could have grown old together. We need him more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment