Popular Posts

From Haiti...for Haiti

I have had this purse in my own collection for a dozen years. I know it is older than that because I bought it used then, and it instantly became one of my favorites. The bag is made of straw on a sturdy frame, and it is decorated with colorful straw and cotton dolls, and strings of beads. It opens like a picnic basket, and has always made me think of a little picnic basket. Perfect for taking your lunch to work?

Moreover, the bag was made in Haiti, probably for the tourist trade. It breaks my heart to part with this bag, but it breaks my heart even more to think of the devastation and suffering in Haiti. The bag is up in my eBay auctions right now, and 100% of the proceeds will benefit Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières.

Please help me help this group, which had been a major presence in Haiti before the quake, and has been working tirelessly to provide critical medical services since the devastation of the earthquake.

The bag is listed here. Please, consider adding even one dollar to its bid...I'm so hoping to make at least a little impact with this sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment