I can't stop watching Depression-Era films! I guess I'm trying to cheer myself up with a little cheap hooch and a flick, like our forebears during uncertain times?
If you don't know 42nd Street, you simply have to! The year is 1933, with fabulous Busby Berkeley production numbers. "I'm Young and Healthy" is classic over-the-top Berkeley. Dick Powell sings the incredibly challenging song, and there are girls galore, including Ginger Rogers in the chorus line. The shot through the girls' legs at the end is fabulous!
Popular Posts
-
I think I may have seen one or two Avengers episodes as a child, and I remember how funny, bright and eccentric everything seemed. Fast for...
-
Please visit my August theme, I hear the mermaids singing , and you'll see just who those mysterious sirens are! Throughout the month of...
-
I produce a little flash promo every month, and didn't want these to disappear forever. If you would like to see some of the previous mo...
-
A few of the coat styles found right now at denisebrain.com (click on photos for link to items): 1. Bright canvas Iconic Bonnie Cashin, wit...
-
Inspiration for fashion and interior, summer 2011: Mexico and bold colors Fashion and interior of summer 2011 inspired by Mexico Get inspira...
-
Have you carved your pumpkin yet? Better yet, have you worn pumpkin? Get inspired with my new Flickr set. Personally, I love wearing orang...
-
Each year in December I try to devote a portion of my sales to a cause that I feel strongly about. Last year at this time I decided to devot...
-
It's my plan to show you some of my favorite items sold this year...not all, but the items that first come to mind. There's plenty (...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment