With its cotton gauze fabric, Deco-style wavy stripes, and flowing skirt, this dress is a wonderful example of its era.
Popular Posts
-
My favorite answer to that perennial vintage clothing question about where I find the clothes I have to offer is: Real women. I love to know...
-
Today I jotted down the first twelve items that I could think of that I've sold in the past couple of years and most loved. I thrive on ...
-
Recently I ran across something about Neanderthals: Some scientists now believe that they died out and were replaced by Homo sapiens largely...
-
I just received my first purchase from Hollis Jenkins-Evans' eCouture line, exclusively on Etsy, and I am smitten. Not only is the dres...
-
I am so honored to be included in Lulu's Vintage personal top 10 this year for the second year in a row! (The champagne's on me !!)
-
BUSINESS Although high fashion magazines didn't dwell on business fashion (some would call it anti-fashion), they couldn't complete...
-
The patch on this uniform's apron says it all: A.R.C. Canteen Worker. To help in the war (WWI) effort, the American Red Cross had a civi...
-
I have been reading fashion mags since I was about 14, and never before have I seen such high prices for new fashion items shown in magazine...
-
Claire McCardell About 10 years ago, discovering vintage fashion designers, I fell head-over-heels for Claire McCardell. What woman wouldn...
1939 continued
With the late 30s on my mind I was looking through my inventory for items to offer this week and I suddenly recalled having this venerable beauty:
With its cotton gauze fabric, Deco-style wavy stripes, and flowing skirt, this dress is a wonderful example of its era.
Care to play Lisa Fonssagrives and model the dress on the Eiffel Tower? (Please hold on tight...)
With its cotton gauze fabric, Deco-style wavy stripes, and flowing skirt, this dress is a wonderful example of its era.
Labels:
1930s fashion,
1939
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment