Colors, too, were often loud and clear, from the top of the head, to the tip of the toe.
Popular Posts
-
I have to gush that we've added a member to the family: A honey locust, now settling into the parking strip: And yes, it's snowing t...
-
Sigh! I need a new pair of day-to-day shoes, and I wish these were among my choices!
-
This month at denisebrain, the garden party never ends, with plenty of blooming prints and sun-loving styles! This is a tribute to a wonderf...
-
Théâtre doll in coat by Molyneux (photo, denisebrain) The couturier Lucien Lelong, President of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture 1937-45,...
-
Fashion from the 1980s: I'm finally posting some Dynasty photos, more to come! Here pictured Fallon, Alexis and Jeff. Click for larger p...
-
Sophisticated and classy? Dior really stands out. These are from dior.com. I like these cuts, especially the necklines. From style.com, ru...
-
Thanks to my wonderful customers, my December fundraising goal for Conservation Northwest is in sight! If you can, please help me get the re...
-
With so much focus on the sad event that took place 100 years ago, I thought I'd mention a few of the other events of 1912—specifically ...
-
Inspiration from dance wear: leggings, arm warmers, wide/loose sweathers, cropped tops, hotpants, leotards (/body), layers, all the colors a...
Polka dots hit the spot in the 80s
Okay, polka dots were not the only PATTERN/COLOR in the 1980s, but they were a riotous favorite, in every color and every size...often all at once! Stripes came in a close second, and many bold patterns found their place in the sun.


Striped thigh highs, Betsey Johnson. Shoes, Charles David designed by Nathalie M. 
Christian Lacroix 
Kenzo 
Sweater by Bennetton. Skirt, Street Life. Boots, Koss by Diego Della Valle. Blanket, Kenzo 
Cardigan by Moschino. Bag, Tony Bryant Designs 
Skirts by Moschino. Shoes, left to right, Mario Valentino, Nina Footwear and Fratelli Rossetti for Geoffrey Beene
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment