In the atelier of Christian Lacroix, exquisite embroidery and beading were hand sewn--a return to traditional workmanship fit for a queen.
Popular Posts
-
It is your chance to vote for your favorite vintage web site. Two years ago denisebrain was fortunate enough to be one of the top ten People...
-
Before I write any more let me say don't you dare think I know tons about fabrics! I feel like a student with a huge amount of studyin...
-
So great to see an 82-year old patent in action! This Miriam Gross sweater set has a patent date of August 14, 1928, and thanks to a quick p...
-
If you are someone who would be willing, I'd be grateful if you would vote for me as one of 25 semifinalists for the More magazine cont...
-
My latest theme— Wild Thing —is up! My last name is Wilds, so I’ve always been a bit of a Wild thing, how about you? ...and speaking of the ...
-
Please visit my August theme, I hear the mermaids singing , and you'll see just who those mysterious sirens are! Throughout the month of...
-
(This is the twelfth in my series of posts on 80s fashion trends and the impact they are having on current fashion. If you'd like to rea...
-
Everyone else has a year-end wrap up, so why not denisebrain? These are some of my favorite items sold this year...not all, but I'm sure...
-
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. -Martin Luther King, Jr. Spie...
The Opulent 80s
It almost goes without saying that 80s fashion experienced a renaissance of glamour and OPULENCE. It allowed the nouveau riche to feather themselves finely, even conspicuously. Party clothes were most spectacular, and couture looks permeated all the clothing markets.


Lacroix

Victor Edelstein gown

Shoes, Antologia for Callaghan
Glove, Christian Lacroix for Diego Della Valle. Silk parasol by A. Sanoma

Dress, Saint Laurent Rive Gauche. Purse, Pellegrino for Linda Dresner. Shoes, Stuart Weitzman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment